General terms and conditions for motorcycle hire
- Driving license: The driver must have a driving license or an international driving license for the corresponding motorcycle category. Driving licenses must be valid and issued in the country of residence of the lessee at least one year before the date of rental.
- Rental duration: Minimum rental duration per day (24 hours). Delay more than 2 hours is charged extra day of rental.
- Insurance: All rental rates include simple Third Party Liability Insurance. The lessee is liable for any damage or theft (partial or total) caused to the hired motorcycle up to the amount of its commercial value at the time of the accident. The lessee pays the amount due to the damage to Giannis Moto Rent motorcycle.
- Driving: It is forbidden to climb a third person on the motorcycle. Motorcycles are made for two people. If a violation is found, then the vehicle is removed and the financial penalties amount to 200 euros.
None of the above Insurance Coverage is Valid:
- For anything that happens and finds that the driver is under the influence of alcohol or drugs he is removed from the vehicle and pays a fine of 200 euros.
- For damages caused by driving on unpaved roads (dirt roads, sand etc.), a fine is paid according to the damage caused and the corresponding amount is paid in cash.
- For damages caused to the underside of the motorcycle, tires and plastic parts (mirrors, brakes etc.), a fine is paid against the respective damage and is paid in cash.
- For accidents caused by a driver not registered in the lease.
- For accidents for which the lessee has not informed the Giannis Moto Rent station and has lodged / made a relevant accident statement, as defined by the Greek Legislation, regardless of his fault.
- The amounts relating to the damage to the motorcycle are paid directly by the lessee. In this case, the lessee is obliged to pay Giannis Moto Rent the entire cost of repairing or replacing the motorcycle even on the days that the vehicle will not be available for rent. The cost of transport to the nearest workshop and generally any damage.
- Passport / Identity: The lessee is required to pass the passport / ID to our office and will be refunded at the end of the lease.
- Moped safety: The lessee has the obligation to secure the bike.
- Fuels: Fuel costs are borne solely by the lessee. The lessee is obliged to return the motorcycle with the contents of the tank being the same as when it was received. Otherwise it will be charged for the amount of fuel consumed.
- Reservations: 30% of the cash deposit is required to book a motorcycle.
- Cancellations: In case of cancellation, the deposit will not be refunded.
- Traffic Offenses – Fines: All fines and administrative penalties are charged to the lessee.
- Helmet: Helmet offered to the tenant free of charge or subject to availability.
- Taxes: All prices are subject to VAT as determined by the state.
- Boat Transport: It is forbidden to load motorcycles on ships without the written consent of Giannis Moto Rent.
- Lessee: The lessee states by signing that he accepts the general lease terms at the front.